• Headshot

    When was seventeen, I decided I wanted to learn how to knit. I looked up directions online, got really excited, and ran downstairs to find my mother and inform her of my plans.

    She looked at me, sighed, and said, 'Why can't you go out and get drunk, like a normal seventeen year old?'

    I'm still yarn obsessed.

    [more about me]

    [subscribe via bloglines]
  • Archives

  • Flickr

Day 2 & 3

Day 002.

Doesn’t look much different. I’m done with the sleeve increases, and I switched over to some circular needles, which enables the endless stockinette to be a little easier. Also, I can pick it up and put it down a lot more easily (I have a thing about finishing one needle when I’m working with DPNs before I put it down. Actually, I have a thing about finishing a row any time I’m working on knitting something before putting it down).

Day 003.

Still working on the circs. I probably would have been done, but I decided to put a new cuff on. Why? I just don’t know. I used DPNs to carefully pick up the loops just above the old cuff, and then chopped it off. I knit down in the PCM for about twelve rows, knit a turning row, and switched to my US5 DPNs and some beautifully soft Malabrigo in ‘Emerald Blue.’ I knit for about twelve rows, then carefully tacked the live stitches down inside (This picture from Grumperina’s website helped me learn how to sew down the live stitches). Voila. A much more even, much softer hem facing.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: